1. Our Collection of your Personal Information
The information we collect may include your personal information, such as your name, date of birth, contact information, IP addresses, occupation and other policy specific answers. We collect personal information from you at different points, including but not limited to the following:
- when we correspond with you as a customer or prospective customer;
- when you visit our website;
- when you take out an insurance policy via us; and
- when you contact us for help
2. Our Use of your Personal Information
Our Company may use information that we collect about you to:
- provide the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products or services;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that you may hold with us, may be of interest to you either from us, or other third parties;
- verify your eligibility to credit facilities;
- transfer personal information to third parties for any legally permissible purpose at our sole discretion; and
- enforce our terms and conditions We do not sell personal information to third parties.
3. Our Disclosure of your Personal Information to Third Parties
We may share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Privacy Statement:
- we may provide your information to our partner insurers and service providers who perform functions on your/our behalf;
- we may provide your information to our service providers who perform functions on our behalf. Usually our service providers sign a standard confidentiality agreement;
- we may share your data with any joint ventures or other entities under a common control or third party acquirers. We would ensure these other entities will honor this Privacy Statement;
- we may allow a potential acquirer or merger partner to review our databases, although we would restrict their use and disclosure of this data during the diligence phase and direct them to treat the data confidentially;
- as required by law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to our Company; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our agreements or Company policies; and
- other third parties with your consent or direction to do so. We do not use any third parties in other countries where the laws on processing personal information are less stringent than in the UK.
4. Our Security Measures to Protect your Personal Information
Our systems have security measures in place to help protect information under our control from the risk of accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or unauthorised disclosure or access.
6. Our Retention of your Personal Information
We will retain any personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the business purpose it was collected. We will also retain and use your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
7. Your Access to and Updating of your Personal Information
Reasonable access to your personal information may be provided at no cost upon request made to our Company at the contact information provided below. If access cannot be provided within that time frame, our Company will provide the requesting party a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
8. Changes to our Privacy Statement
This Privacy Notice is subject to change. It was last updated on 17/04/2018. If we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will update the date it was last changed.
9. Contacting Us